I'm glad to announce the release of KStars 2.9.6 for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. This is a minor bugfix release.
Here are some the highlights:
|KStars on MacOS with QHY|
- Numerous scheduler fixes and improvements by Eric Dejouhanet.
- Fixed long-standing bug where Time zone was not updated correctly from INDI GPS.
- Fixed Filter Manager settings as it was not updating the database properly.
- Fixed centering & tracking of empty sky.
- Fixed Polar Alignment Assistant rotation in the southern hemisphere.
- Added a method to clear DSLR info in case they were entered incorrectly.
- Added J2000 support in the Mount Control panel in addition to the standard JNow.
- Alignment FOV is now always editable.
- CCD Capture format and directory are now persistent.
- Guiding is aborted when mount is slewing or parking.
- Clang fixes by Csaba Kertesz as part of GSoC 2018.
Updated Ekos tutorials for the various Ekos modules are now also available. I should be adding more soon.