KStars v3.6.0 is released on 2022.07.30 for MacOS, Linux, and Windows. It's a bi-monthly bugfix release with a couple of exciting features.
Linear 1 Pass Algorithm
John Evans contributed a new Focus algorithm: The Linear 1 Pass Algorithm. When using this algorithm, Ekos initially performs like the Linear algorithm in establishing the first pass V-Curve and fitting a curve to it to find the solution. Then, however, it moves directly to the calculated minimum. Key features include:
The algorithm compensates for focuser backlash, providing that backlash is consistent.
The algorithm is fast, taking 1 pass to identify optimum focus.
The algorithm uses more sophisticated curve fitting to pinpoint the optimum focus position.
The algorithm is highly configurable with user control over many parameters like step size and number of steps.
Image ROI Statistics
You may define a Pre-Delay and Pre-Script before a driver is executed (e.g. script to turn on the observatory electricity), and define a Post driver delay and script if desired. For some drivers like Pegasus Ultimate Power Box, it is often desirable to start this driver before other drivers so that all configuration is loaded.
Geographic Map Update
- Hy Murveit Show number of clipped pixels on fitsviewer status bar if show-clipping is enabled
- Akarsh Simha Improve the manual focus dialog for the SkyMap Sophie Taylor Correct nomenclature for Linear1 focus algorithm with "R2" -> "R²", and add a default and minimum value for R² limit
- Akarsh Simha Further improvements to Add Catalog Object UI, including auto-filling data from text. Sophie Taylor Improve tooltips for GPG expert settings
- Akarsh Simha Various fixes and improvements related to DSO catalogs and visibility.
- Akarsh Simha Refactor `DmsBox` widget and improve the Add Catalog Object form.